Dneprovsky outpost (c) burial ground | Russia's Necropolis of Terror and the Gulag

Dneprovsky outpost (c) burial ground



Date of burial
Show Map
Magadan Region, Khasinsky district, Dneprovsky mine (non-existent)
Access outside a populated area
Private or specialised transport
Visiting Hours or Restrictions
Type of burial
Camp (prison) burial ground
Current use
Ceremonial events
Presence of memorials, etc.
Protected status
Not protected
Фотография 2006 года. Источник: Архив НИЦ «Мемориал»
Фотография 2006 года. Источник: Архив НИЦ «Мемориал»

A camp outpost existed in the 1940s and 1950s at the Dneprovsky tin-mine (Dalstroi southwest mining department). The Sevvostlag prisoners burial ground was 600 metres from the camp. The numbers buried there has not been established.

In 2006 about 60-70 stakes bearing metal number-plates survived, indicating the burial place and number of the grave. That year Debin businessman V.A. Naiman erected an Orthodox cross at the cemetery and in 2007 a sign was added to the cross:

“This commemorative cross marks the burial ground of prisoners from the Dneprovsky mine, interred here between 1941 and 1955. The cross was consecrated on 25 September 2006 by Archpriest Nikolai (Povalsky).”

DateNature of ceremoniesOrganiser or responsible personParticipantsFrequency
Commemorative Services
From time to time
Nature of area requiring preservation
State of burialsAreaBoundaries
Stones piled at the base of the stakes indicate the place of burial; about 60-70 stakes survive
not established
not delineated
Administrative responsibility and ownership, informal responsibility for the site
On land under the control of the Khasinsky district administration
Sources and bibliography

[ Original texts & hyperlinks ]

Materials of the Kolyma expedition (2011) – archive of the Memorial Research & Information Centre (St Petersburg)

“Dneprovsky outpost prisoners burial ground”, Virtual Museum of the Gulag  [retrieved, 28 May 2022]

Reply by the Khasynsky district administration of the Magadan Region (№ 1132 of 23 April 2014) to an enquiry from the RIC Memorial (Saint Petersburg)